This map shows the entrance to Dublin Bay as it was in 1761. Many bigger ships could not get into Dublin Bay at all as it was shallow with [...] (more)
Butt Bridge spans the River Liffey and joins George’s Quay to Beresford Place and the north quays at Liberty Hall. The original bridge on [...] (more)
The 19th Century diving bell located on Sir John Rogerson’s quay was designed in 1860 by the port engineer, Bindon Blood Stoney. The lower [...] (more)
Dublin Bay had a long history of troublesome sandbars obstructing the entrance to Dublin Port and was also subject to frequent squalls and [...] (more)
Subscribe to our email newsletter for useful tips and resources.