News / 15 June 2016
Disney Magic Cruise Ship in Dublin Port
There was much excitement in Dublin port around the arrival of Disney Magic, a Disney Cruse ship that pulled into Dublin Port so it’s passengers could enjoy a day in Dublin!
It also gave the locals of Dublin the chance to view the impressive cruise ship and her adorable features! Did you know her anchor weighs 28,200 pounds – about the same as three full-grown elephants? Read some more fun facts below – and when she returns back to Dublin Port why not go and view her from the Dublin South Quays? Nothing beats seeing that Disney magic for yourself!
- The Disney ships are painted in Mickey Mouse-inspired colours – black hull, white superstructure, yellow trim and two giant red funnels, each with the Disney Cruise Line Mickey Mouse logo. There is no mistaking a Disney vessel!
- Disney Magic also has Goofy on the hull of the ship, ensuring a safe and friendly passage for all guests and crew!
- Disney Cruise Line was the first cruise line to have yellow lifeboats, instead of the traditional regulation orange. They were granted special permission from the U.S. Coast Guard to paint the lifeboats yellow, to keep with the special color theming of the ship.
- Disney Magic was built in two halves… one hundred miles apart! Part of the ship was built in Ancona, Italy then towed 100 miles to meet the stern in Marghera (just outside Venice) to be perfectly joined and welded together. It really is a Small World After All!
- Disney Cruise Line ships use the iconic first seven notes of the “When You Wish Upon a Star” song melody as their horn signals.
- Disney ships are the only cruise ships to have four captains – Captain Mickey, Captain Hook and Captain Jack Sparrow.
- Measuring 964 feet in length, Disney Magic is longer than Main Street U.S.A at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World.
- On an average seven-night sailing aboard the Disney Magic crew and passengers consume 10,000 pounds of chicken, 57,820 cups of coffee and 1,000 pounds of lobster tail!
- A leader in family entertainment, Disney Magic premiers movies at sea on the same day that they are released on land!
- Guests can mail a special souvenir message to family and friends back home by using the Castaway Cay Post Office
- Condensation from the shipboard air conditioning units is reclaimed and re-used to wash the decks, saving up to 22.3 million gallons of fresh water per year.
Enjoy our album of Disney Magic images, we can’t wait to see her in Dublin Port again!